13 Mar Property News Round Up March 13
Welcome to the property news round up for the week! Here’s what’s caught our attention this week.
- Property Observer tracks the ups and downs of property in Melbourne which has had a price reduction twice since the end of last year: Studio in Melbourne has been listed by mortgagees at $240,000., down on its recent $260,000 asking price.
- Business Insider reports that The RBA has pointed out a problem in Australia’s property market that is artificially inflating prices but it’s suggested the report might not be accurate.
- SMH asks Tinder for real estate’: Is this the solution to the housing crisis? Great idea for an app. It will be interesting to see how this might affect the market.
- In response to a new report, Your Property Investment mag looks at the question: Is It Safe To Buy Property With An SMSF?
- As we briefly mentioned last week, the big four slash lending rates in ‘war’ to boost profits and grab market share Read more
Also, there was a great segment on Four Corners last night about our cities’ ability to cope with population growth. Have you seen it?